Τρίτη 19 Ιανουαρίου 2010

The close-up: - crumpler custom bags




What are you wearing today?

All of it is by Basso & Brooke. It's an inter-species print of different poodles based on iconic women - Joan Collins, Carmen Miranda and Anna Wintour. The one with the short blond hair is me; I'm thrilled. The sunglasses are by Eley Kishimoto; I like wearing hairbands, but I think women my age wearing hairbands lookridiculous, so I wear sunglasses on my head to keep my hair back.

Would you wear this at home in Tucson, Arizona?

Oh, yeah, I'm gonna run around the cactus in this. Are you kidding? In Tucson, it's exciting if you wear a big sombrero.

Describe your style.

Really comfortable. If it's not comfortable, then I can't wear it. I wouldn't wear this at home because I'm not as skinny as I used to be - it's not even fat, it's because I've been working out and I'm built like a wrestler now. When I'm writing at home I wear little sundresses; I think we all like to blend in sometimes and be able to go to the shops and not have people look at you. We change ourselves for private and public; in public I want people to stop and beep their horns, because I'm expecting it.

Where do you shop usually?

Thrift stores. My local store used to sell great things for three bucks that looked like they'd never been worn. I heard that it was all merchandise from shoplifting that they had been unwittingly selling. I was so impressed; I know one shouldn't be impressed by crime, but if things aren't violent and no one's hurt, I'm like, "Well, they've got insurance".

Do you have a huge archive of clothes from your Biba and Terry de Havilland days?

I don't have anything. I'm not a hoarder. I gave lots away to friends. I did have some clothes stored in Switzerland, but when David and I divorced, he wouldn't pay to have the stuff shipped to me, so it all got thrown in the street or sold at auction. But it doesn't matter, it was just stuff.

Do you think your style has stayed the same over the years?

I think it's stayed exactly the same. I've never been impressed with trademarks. Growing up in Cyprus, there was a fledgling shoe industry, and I would buy copies of Charles Jourdan shoes for £2. I went to a boarding school in Switzerland (my father's company paid for me) and all the rich bitches there had real Charles Jourdan shoes. I don't believe in spending the budget of a small country on what you wear. When people are hungry, it's embarrassing.

Do you notice and make assumptions about people because of their clothes?

Of course, I'm a hawk eye - there's nothing I like better when I'm waiting for a bus. There's no exciting fashion in America; it's a bland country, so there's nothing to look at. Would I say that the entire country is boring because it dresses badly? Yes, I would.

What jewellery do you wear every day?

These gold bangles. In Cyprus, you get given them twice a year for your birthday and your name day; it's the beginning of your dowry. I used to have lots but I hawked them all, sometimes to pay for a taxi late at night when I studied at Kingston poly in the days before atm machines, and sometimes to pay for food for my daughter, Stacia, when I didn't have any money to feed her. When she started working about three years ago, she bought these and sent them to me.

· Angie Bowie is hosting a series of events during the PSP Outsider festival. www.yourpsp.com

· Interview by Imogen Fox

Video results for crumpler custom bags:



Related posts for crumpler custom bags:
kid t shirt designs
civil war general hat
big clothes for men
polo t shirts for
womens biker jacket

See also for crumpler custom bags:
sacks 5
the trench coats
bikini micro bikini
women's long sleeve rash guard
s of s

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου